Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Powers That Beat by @ELyssaD™: Embracing my life with Aspergers

Embracing my life with Aspergers

For me, learning I had Aspergers was a huge relief. An "OMG" moment... you mean there is a name for it?

I have always been different.

I find the ordinary world ridden with useless scents, sounds, noise, and people.

People that lie, manipulate and hate.

Manipulative people are a mystery to me. Why not just ask for what you need?

I have always been one to give people what they need. Not necessarily what they want, but what the need.

People don't need that loud blaring music or strong scented perfume.  All it does is provide a distraction. One I can live with out.

When asked questions, I tell people the truth unaware that the truth is not what they want to hear. Kinda like, "do these pants make my ass look fat?" my reply might be, "no your ass makes your ass look fat."

Not exactly what people want to hear, huh?

I notice other behaviors and "oddities" that can now be attributed to Aspergers... not liking to be hugged by strangers; difficulty dancing with people other than myself.. I want to ask, "what do I do with my hands?"

I still get lost in my own head, my own home, my own neighborhood... but I'm finding my way... I may have gotten here a little later than most, but hopefully points are given for starting late and finishing strong.

My life with Aspergers is just beginning... I have much to do...

For now, that's all.

Just me,

e
@ELyssaD™

No comments:

Post a Comment