Sunday, September 30, 2012

Kahn Artist - September 16, 2012

Begin forwarded message:

From: Karen Kahn 
Date: September 16, 2012 10:26:55 PM EDT
To: PowersThatBeat 
Subject: Re: The Powers That Beat: Study Sheds Light on Parents' Fears, Anxieties: Critical Supports Needed to Raise a Child with Autism

Elyssa,

I made my decision and have not swayed from it. I know you are going through a very difficult transition and I have faith that you are a strong person and will get through it. You have survived a great deal and I feel confident that you will find this move beneficial to you in every way. We are looking at several more days until you are in your new home--safe and sound. After you move I promised you that I will help you unpack, but I will take your cues.  You'll let me know when you are ready. I will do what I can to make the week bearable for both of us.

I will be leaving tomorrow (Monday ) at 10:00am. If you would like to go with me, I only ask that you be ready on time. I have an appointment at your new place at 11am but after that I will take you to petco for a new collar for Spotty.

Mom

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 13, 2012, at 11:54 PM

http://thepowersthatbeat.blogspot.com/2012/09/study-sheds-light-on-parents-fears.html?m=0

You have a decision to make. If this is such a sacrifice and drain on you financially, I can still go back to Nashville.

I survived far worse, and I can still transfer my Section 8 to another property. I am NOT a child. And I did not ask you for a 2000 bed or top of the line anything.

I asked to be treated with respect and dignity. THAT is NON NEGOTIABLE.



אל

No comments:

Post a Comment